Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are driving innovation across every industry, and we are only just scratching the surface of what these technologies can do. The Intelligent Work team is a new and growing team that builds intelligent and highly assistive experiences directly into Smartsheet to empower our customers to achieve more. As a Product Manager Intern on the Intelligent Work team, you will define the vision, roadmap, and experience for one or more features. The ideal candidate has deep customer empathy with a keen eye for identifying pain points and use cases. You have a good understanding of the industry and product-market fit for the features you're building. You will iterate on one or more prototypes or features working closely with Product, Engineering, Design, and Research. You will take part in the day-to-day planning, prioritizing, and execution of the work needed to make the team's vision a reality. Completing this internship will equip you with the skills needed to launch a career as a high-performing product leader.
Day to day:
- Focus on delivering intelligent experiences that our customers love
- Plan and deliver areas of the Intelligent Work roadmap
- Craft product requirements, make the call on prioritization and trade-offs where necessary, obtain buy-in from leadership, and rally teams around your vision
- Define, track and report on KPIs for your areas, and use them to continually improve our features and roadmap
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams including Development, QA, Design, Research, Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales
- Monitor and manage product feedback channels from Customer Success, Support, Sales, and other sources, and use them to inform your roadmap
- Learn about how AI and ML can be applied to help customers
- Learn how to be an effective product manager and leader
- Heading into senior year
- Informatics, Computer Science, Business w/Technology Focus, or related degree track
- Passion to build great products for customers
- Strong will to be in the driver's seat and traverse difficult obstacles to make your vision a reality
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks with competing priorities effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a strong understanding of statistics
Nice to Have:
- Some high-level Machine Learning understanding preferred
- Some experience in data science
- Good project management skills
- Some UX design and research experience
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.