We're seeking thoughtful people who are excited about solving tough problems and building software used by millions of people. We value product-oriented engineers who can own and architect features from start to finish. Our customers love our product and our engineers achieve the quality expected of the Smartsheet team.
You will work from our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Analyze product requirements and make good technical decisions that provide solutions to the grid storage performance and scaling challenges
- Develop microservices and software solutions using cutting-edge AWS technologies
- Develop highly available backend and data storage solutions that can scale to 100x as our customers and customer data continues to grow
- Write clean and efficient code in Java based on product specifications and operational feasibility
- Work closely with other software engineers, database engineers, SRE, and product managers
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development, preferably with Java
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Highly experienced in back-end coding
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Our Benefits (US):
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision - 100% company-paid premiums for employees and all dependents
- Life Insurance, long term/short term disability. Flexible Spending Account
- 15 days PTO to start, 10 paid holidays, Flexible sick leave, 12 weeks paid Parental Leave (+4 weeks unpaid)
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Program
Opportunities for professional growth and development, including free Audible Membership, Free LinkedIn Learning Membership
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.