Smartsheet is the best way to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, enabling teams to move from idea to impact – fast. Here at Smartsheet we build a collaborative work platform that enables our customers to work better. We are looking for a Senior Mobile SDET with proven success of cross-functional BDD adoption.
This position reports to the Director, Mobile Engineering, an experienced leader of cross-discipline team adoption of BDD test automation, and is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Lead the development of mobile app BDD test automation using Behave+Appium for new feature development, and to backfill existing test cases.
- Enable team-wide contribution to test tools executed by all team members, at each stage of our development process, and in CI pipeline
- Leverage past experience to grow team member capability, confidence, and passion for test-automation through peer reviews.
- Design and document BDD test plan and implementation strategies.
- Guide and execute updates iOS and Android App code to enable more effective and efficient automation
- Work effectively with engineering peers and PM counterparts
- Participate in functional, performance, load, stress, security and integration testing
- Working with other senior engineers to develop best practices for software quality assurance across multiple teams
- A firm belief that quality early is everyone’s job; and everyone contributes to test automation as a result.
- 2+ yrs of experience designing/building a BDD mobile test automation framework in Appium using a python driver, and supporting infrastructure and tools
- 2+ yrs leading cross-discipline Agile team (Dev, QA, Product Management) adoption of a BDD framework
- 1+ year integrating a BDD test framework and a widely-adopted mobile device cloud, such as HeadSpin or SauceLabs.
- Strong coding skills with:
- 5+ years in Java, Python and/or Ruby
- 3+ years of professional experience in a mobile coding languages Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, and/or Swift
- Exceptional communication skills, eye for details
- Quick learner with passion for testing and becoming domain expert
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience with applications in the cloud
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.