Smartsheet is more than a leading work execution platform. It’s an engine of human achievement. By aligning people with technology, Smartsheet empowers businesses of all sizes to move faster, drive innovation, and achieve more.
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced Tableau Administrator to join the Business Data Platform & Business Intelligence Team. In this position, you will manage the installation, configuration and administration of the Tableau server and client applications. Duties will include establishing best practice methodologies for the administration of the Tableau platform. This position involves the design and development of the Tableau data infrastructure, data source creation, security (user access), change control of Tableau objects and overall Tableau support. The ideal candidate is curious, eager to learn, detail-oriented, efficient, and highly organized.
- Design, builds and support Tableau platform to ensure functionality, accessibility and security of the platform. Plan, schedule and perform patching and upgrade tasks of platforms. Perform system backup and recovery procedures.
- Monitor Tableau server utilization patterns for user feedback, management reporting and future planning. Forecast utilization patterns and recommends capacity changes. Track license compliance. Monitor, analyze system performance and suggest configuration changes for optimal performance in any complex scenario. Recommend and implement continuous improvement and automation of tasks.
- Advance the adoption of Tableau ‘best practices’ across the company. Support and establish standards for platform usage. Maintain user knowledge base. Review troublesome workbooks and data sources and provides suggestions to users for improvements.
- Collaborate and Interface with storage, server, authentication, database and other server/platform engineers / administrators to support ongoing operations for meeting the business needs via the Tableau Server environment.
- Hands on Experience on Tableau Architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau Server platform and server-side functionalities.
- Experience on Tableau Administration including install and upgrade in a distributed enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of performance diagnosis and optimization. Be able to analyze system resource utilization, bottlenecks and plan platform capacity sizing
- Experience with automation for tasks like deployment of data sources/workbooks across environment, alerts via scripting.
- In-depth experience with design & development of Workbook Dashboards, and Data Sources through Tableau Desktop
- Ability encompasses in-depth knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of Tableau Server platform.
- At least 2 years of focused Tableau administration experience and a total of 4+ years of Tableau experience.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 80,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.