Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is looking for a proven Manager, Commercial Sales Engineering who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. A proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as consultative solution sales SE experience is required. This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate offices in Boston, MA.
Smartsheet is a high growth SaaS (Software as a Service) company with millions of users in 150 countries experiencing substantial value from the use of the innovative Smartsheet platform. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.
- Hire, coach and manage sales engineers while delivering on, and exceeding, all performance targets
- Support Inside Sales Engineers ability to perform presentations of Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons demonstrations.
- Assign projects, accounts, and meetings to sales engineers as required, and resolve conflicts
- Collaborate with Sales Management to identify areas of opportunity to speed up the sales cycle, increase conversion rates and increase average sales price
- Collaborate with internal product, customer success, and professional service teams to provide the best customer experience (etc. development, evaluation, purchase, delivery, and deployment of Smartsheet)
- Support the creation of new product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Smartsheet's value proposition using techniques which include but are not limited to whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on solution design, platform deployment, and integration with Enterprise architectures to optimize customer experience and Smartsheet platform effectiveness
- Provide technical leadership and product expertise to the team as well as the larger sales organization
- Sales engineer management experience in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry required
- Experience in selling a multipurpose product applicable to multiple LOB, Industries or Functions.
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- Great listening skills are a must
- Able to clearly and concisely articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire a deeply understanding of functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Ability to quickly learn new products and technical environments
- Experience with Google apps, Microsoft suite, Salesforce, Spreadsheets
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and products
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.