Smartsheet is looking for a Manager, Commercial Sales Engineering who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will be a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption. Demonstrated experience with technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, and consultative solution sales SE experience is required. This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate offices in Boston, MA.

Responsibilities:

• Hire, coach, and manage sales engineers while delivering on, and exceeding, all performance targets
  • Support Inside Sales Engineers ability to perform presentations of Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons demonstrations
  • Assign projects, accounts, and meetings to sales engineers and resolve conflicts
  • Collaborate with Sales Management to identify areas of opportunity to speed up the sales cycle, increase conversion rates and increase average sales price
  • Collaborate with internal product, customer success, and professional service teams to provide the best customer experience (development, purchase, delivery, and deployment of Smartsheet)
  • Help create new product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources
  • Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Smartsheet's value proposition using techniques which include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, trial management and documents
  • Make recommendations on solution design, platform deployment, and integration with Enterprise architectures to optimize customer experience and Smartsheet platform effectiveness
  • Provide technical leadership and product expertise to the team and the larger sales organization

Requirements:

• 3+ years in sales engineer management experience in the SaaS and enterprise software industry
  • Experience selling a multipurpose product applicable to multiple lines of business or industries
  • Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
  • Able to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
  • Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire a deeply understanding of functionality, use cases, and business and technical elements.
  • Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
  • Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
  • Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Suite skills
  • Familiarity with project management methodologies and products
  • Bachelors (BA/BS) degree

Benefits:

• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision - 100% company-paid premiums for employees and all dependents
  • Life Insurance, long term/short-term disability. Flexible Spending Account
  • 15 days PTO to start, 10 paid holidays, Flexible sick leave, 12 weeks paid Parental Bonding Leave (+4 weeks unpaid)
  • Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
  • 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Program
  • Opportunities for professional growth, including free Audible Membership, Free LinkedIn Learning Membership

Culture:

Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.

Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographics

At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category in the US, UK, and Australia.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to complete them, your responses will be used in aggregate to help us identify areas for improvement in our programs. Your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be considered in the hiring process. Any information that you provide will be recorded and maintained confidentially.

For definitions of any of the following terms or to read more about your rights, please visit the EEOC website here

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my race / ethnicity as (select all that apply):

My veteran status is:

My disability status is: