Smartsheet is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Network Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team. In this position you will directly improve the reliability and performance of our critical production application; supporting 24/7 delivery to over 70,000 customers worldwide. We our products across both our own data centers, and public cloud providers, such as AWS. Our team owns essential business services like networking and computing infrastructure. You will work directly with our development teams to understand the connectivity needs for their application for both traditional and container networks, including the management of the direct connects between our data centers and AWS.
Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build and improve our platforms. Our software teams are small, highly efficient, motivated by results, and focused on building software that makes an impact.
You will be based in Bellevue, WA reporting to our Manager of Software Engineering.
- 5 Years strong experience with L1-4 network technologies
- Ethernet including STP, LACP, LLDP
- Load Balancing
- Routing including BGP
- 3+ years experience Cisco configuration, including Nexis
- 3+ years experience F5 Load Balancers
- 2+ years in Container Networking with either Docker or Kubernetes
- Understanding of service-mesh container technologies.
- Infrastructure as Code -Terraform definitions for cloud network resources.
- Knowledge of cloud computing virtual networking at AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Programming and Scripting languages such as Go, Python, Bash, Ruby
- Linux administration
- Incident investigation and management.
- Desire to learn and understand new technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting and working as part of a wider incident team.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS (+5 years exp.) or MS (+3 years exp.) in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!