Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Facilities Planner to support our two growing offices in Bellevue. This role requires strong technical aptitude, enterprise support experience, and most of all, a strong customer-first attitude. The successful candidate must be exceedingly proactive, well organized and have the ability to remain driven and effective when faced with ambiguity. This position requires the ability to remain flexible, resourceful and efficient while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. Smartsheet is a fast-growing, award-winning Collaborative Work Management SaaS company.
This position reports to the Facilities Manager at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Coordinate and perform space planning for various facilities, including the development of short- and long-term space plans to accommodate staffing needs and other business requirements.
- Proactively develop block plans and migration plans and work with site leads and/or key customers to communicate and negotiate plans
- Develop, manage, and coordinate requests for moves, adds and changes with facilities
- Determine appropriate services to be provided by respective teams (Department Managers, Facilities, IT, Human Resources, etc.).
- Produce findings and share with key business partners to ensure that the accuracy of company-wide seating is up-to-date.
- Foster strong customer engagement as well as negotiate when appropriate
- Coordinate moves and move managers to understand implications and move services required to execute moves efficiently and timely.
- Work with Hiring Manager, IT and Human Resources for all onboarding seating
- Work with key business partners to manage headcount forecasts at site level with accuracy
- Work with our key stakeholders and site leads to capture headcount change/additions and how they affect existing allocations and facilitate the constant communication of variable headcount
- Ability to present complex plans and strategies, to various levels in the organization with confidence
- Communicate clearly and professionally with business stakeholders by handling all general seating and space planning internal queries, clarify concerns and identify solutions
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism
- Work with the key department stakeholders to keep accurate inventory of existing furniture, furniture to be repaired and furniture to be disposed of.
- Oversee and manage surplus furniture inventory for all Bellevue buildings.
- Manage spacewalks for validation and update of occupancy metrics.
- 2+ years of facilities/space planning experience or similar role
- Knowledge using Smartsheet and Office Space software
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in regard to all discussed space plans and real estate dealings
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Exceptional organization, communication skills, attention to detail, and follow through
- Demonstrated and effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with individuals inside and outside Smartsheet in a way consistent with our values and commitment to service
- Strong ability to proactively prioritize and manage multiple projects, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to manage highly sensitive situations with professionalism
- Ability to remain positive and poised in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable with shifting priorities and frequent change face paced environment.
- Strong decision-making ability
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.