Smartsheet is seeking a Manager, Deal Desk to support the Global Sales teams with facilitation of complex deals through the Quote to Cash sales cycle. This position will work collaboratively at every level across Sales, Professional Services, Legal, Privacy, Finance, Security, Compliance, Product and Revenue Recognition Accounting teams to ensure deals are structured and negotiated to comply with Smartsheet policies and processes.
Smartsheet is a high growth SaaS company with thousands of organizations and millions of users in over 175 countries experiencing substantial value from the use of the innovative Smartsheet platform. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Deal Desk and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate office in Bellevue, WA.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Global Sales Teams for deal structuring and support other internal stakeholders throughout the sales cycle to expedite deal execution
- Provide guidance on complex deal structures in a way that maximizes ACV and customer satisfaction, and manages risk for Smartsheet
- Elevate specialized issues to appropriate business partners for approval to ensure resolution
- Navigate and deal with ambiguity and potential blockers to bring the clarity needed to close the deal
- Become a subject matter expert on the Quote to Cash sales cycle to empower and educate the sales team on the latest product bundles and offerings
- Adhere to a same-day response commitment to set service standards that can be relied upon
- Keep up to date with new company policies, initiatives, and offerings and share for awareness to Sales and internal teams
- Serve as one of the main catalysts for driving efficiencies in Smartsheet’s quote-to-order process.
- Help establish and achieve Deal Desk team key metrics and performance indicators
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and work towards zero processing errors.
- Proficiency in overall complex SaaS or Cloud Enterprise deal structures for software licensing, services and renewal deals.
- 5-8+ years of relevant Deal Desk or Sales Operations experience in a prominent enterprise software company with Direct, Channel, Government, Services, and International Sales is highly desirable.
- Strong aptitude for building interpersonal relationships to regularly challenge the status quo paired with a “do whatever it takes” attitude to affect change within the organization
- Highly organized with an ability to balance being detail-oriented as well as seeing the big picture
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to be a calming influence while having a commanding presence across teams.
- Ability to work flexible hours on a rotating schedule for coverage to support EMEA and APAC Sales teams
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, CPQ, Netsuite, or similar systems CRM and ERP systems
- Familiarity with ASC 606 preferred and multiple-element arrangement accounting implications is a strong plus
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.