Smartsheet is seeking an experienced HR professional to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist in Sydney, Australia office. The ideal candidate will have a history of proven success partnering with various employees and departments from a HR perspective. This role will provide key support for the new hire process, leave management, employee training, work authorization, HRIS functions, and other HR programs. This important role is part of the People Operations Department, will be Smartsheet’s first HR hire in Australia, and will report directly to the Manager of Human Resources.
- Interface with the recruiting team on offer letters, job descriptions, work authorization, and internal transfers
- Prepare and oversee employee onboarding projects and events, including: background checks, onboarding paperwork, new hire onboarding, equipment provisioning, and “welcome events”
- Manage employee relations issues with managers and employees, including partnering with outside legal counsel as necessary
- Assist employee recognition programs for the company
- Operate leave management on behalf of the company
- Supervise all severance & termination procedures
- Manage and deliver mandatory employee trainings (ex. New Manager / anti-harassment training)
- Maintain HRIS and Personnel Management Systems
- Guide and support the Annual Review process with a focus on systems and data management
- Update and regularly review the employee Handbook and HR Policies
- Support and deploy Employee Relocation and Corporate Housing
- Assist the Office & IT teams with the coordination of deliveries including IT equipment, branded merchandise, and office catering.
- Occasionally support IT equipment setup for new Smartsheet employees
- Be a Smartsheet Cultural Ambassador by recognizing and developing the culture of the Sydney Office while continuing to champion the core Smartsheet values
- 1-3 years of direct HR experience with emphasis on Australian employee relations and HR processes
- Exhibit a passion for working with various employees and an ability to understand new HR concepts
- Possess a formal understanding of multiple HR systems and processes while working with multiple functional departments
- Proven ability to move the company forward by applying new ideas to generate solutions and approaches
- Demonstrate, promote, and reinforce an uncompromising commitment to high standards of ethical behavior
- Display flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities to assist with various projects as needed
- Model a determined focus and will to succeed that is contagious; handle adversity well, recover quickly, and sustain drive over the long haul
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Advanced level of proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google for Work
- HRIS and Smartsheet experience a plus
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.