Smartsheet is looking for a proven leader to help build, operate, and scale our Customer Success team. The right candidate is an experienced manager with a proven ability to create programs to drive the customer adoption lifecycle throughout all Smartsheet accounts.
As Senior Manager, Customer Success, you will manage a team of Customer Success Managers and partner with the Director of Customer Success to execute on the overall team vision. You will collaborate with Sales and Marketing to help drive growth of our business. This role is responsible for driving successful product usage, customer value, and retention.
This role is based in Smartsheet’s Bellevue, WA office and reports to the Director of Customer Success.
- Manage and develop a team of Customer Success Managers
- Meet or exceed Net Retention targets
- Set expectations with internal team members, grow a strong collaborative time and foster career growth for the group
- Drive the execution to onboard, enable, and expand usage and revenue within our customer base
- Use data to track performance, forecast retention, and create customer insight
- Partner with Marketing, Support, Professional Services, and Sales to create a consistent customer journey that drives positive customer satisfaction, referrals, and account growth
- Build/refine programs and initiatives to drive continuous improvement and scale
- Bring innovative ideas to the group to help drive the next stages of the business
- Drive operational excellence across the Customer Success team
- Strong leadership, business development, organization, team building and management, communication (verbal, written and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company
- 5+ years working in a leadership capacity
- 10+ years of Customer Success, Account Management, or Technical Account Management experience, preferably within Enterprise SaaS
- Passion and demonstrated ability for mentoring and team growth
- Demonstrated ability to lead a Customer Success or Account Management team
- Outstanding multi-task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Experience and success partnering across departments
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.