Smartsheet is looking for a Sr. Compensation Analyst who is a proactive, customer focused, problem solver with compensation expertise. The primary focus for this role will be to assist in leading our competitive global compensation programs to help recruit, retain, and motivate our most valuable resources. We are growing fast, and this individual has the opportunity to help shape how we build and manage the global compensation function.
This full-time position will report to the Global Compensation Manager, and is based in Smartsheet HQ in Bellevue, WA.
- Responsible for assisting in the short and long-term compensation strategy and execution, including, but not limited to job leveling, career-pathing, attraction, retention, reward and recognition, incentive design, communication methods, and education.
- Partner with recruiting, HR business partners and management in evaluating jobs and benchmarking new hire and ongoing compensation.
- Partner with finance, legal, and business development teams on relevant compensation issues.
- Assist in annual and mid-year review cycles including design, administration, mentoring, distribution, and communication of compensation programs.
- Monitor and interpret FLSA and other international, federal, state and local laws regulating compliance for salary and pay policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, management, and business partners.
- May lead or participate on special compensation projects.
- Support the Global Compensation Manager and participate in equity and compensation projects, as needed.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in HR, Finance, Accounting or other related field with a preference for experience in compensation administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related discipline.
- Strong analytical, project management, and program development skills.
- Self-motivated to increase knowledge of compensation administration and build relevant skill set.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including formal presentations.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel skills required; proficiency with Google Sheets and Smartsheet preferred.
- Ability to work independently and apply analytical and problem solving skills to deliver excellent results.
- Capacity to be flexible and adapt to shifting priorities, and be a collaborative team player.
- Acute understanding of confidentiality and access to sensitive information.
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a compelling solution, and make the right trade-offs along the way.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Getting From Idea to Impact! At a time when organizational speed and execution are critical to gaining a competitive edge, modern work — especially at scale — is increasingly bogged down by legacy tools and legacy thinking.
Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Effective: Deliver quality
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.