Smartsheet is the best way to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, enabling teams to move from idea to impact – fast. Here at Smartsheet we build a collaborative work platform that enables our customers to work better. We our looking for a Senior SDET that will thrive in our rapidly growing collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading technical abilities and excellent communication skills. This person should have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality assurance, solid understanding of the distributed systems design and knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you build should expose defects in services and application code as well as defects at the component and feature integration levels.
As a Senior SDET supporting both the Analytics & Visualization and Work Management teams you will own and lead area automation efforts and work to develop infrastructure to efficiently test new design and architectural choices that have significant impact on our systems, business, and customers. You will work and partner with SDEs & QAEs to ensure quality development and quality excellence of our award winning software. If you see challenges as opportunities and value making a lasting impact on the quality of software, engineering talent, and empowered customers then now is a great time to join our team.
This position will report to the Quality Assurance Manager and will be located in Bellevue, WA.
- Design and development of our automation framework for services, API, UI, etc.
- Design and/or research and implement various tools for more efficient testing
- Design, document and execute test automation strategy for individual feature areas
- Work effectively with service teams
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community
- Participate in functional, performance, load, stress, security and integration testing as applicable
- Work with other senior engineers to develop best practices for software quality assurance
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and expertise
- Contribute in efforts to drive and scale the technologies and initiatives of Accessibility and Localization that will enable all customers to be effective
- Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing test automation efforts and develop a unified test approach
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- 5+ yrs of experience designing/building automation frameworks, test infrastructure and tools
- API (REST Web Services) automation and microservices
- Strong coding skills with 5+ years of professional experience in one of the mainstream OO languages (Java, C#)
- 3+ yrs of experience working within a CI/CD DevOps environment (nice to have)
- Experience with UI Automation (Selenium) (nice to have), AWS Cloud Services
- Exceptional communication skills, eye for details
- Quick learner with passion for testing and becoming domain expert
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience with applications in the cloud
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies, agile a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.