Smartsheet is looking for a talented and driven Manager of Strategic Sales Engineering who will provide business leadership and team development for technical sales across enterprise customers. You will lead and scale a team of effective, consultative, and technical sales engineers, be a role model on our most important opportunities, and assist in developing insights and strategies that ensure successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption. A proven track record of technical sales leadership, scaling businesses, talent management, consultative solution selling, and sales innovation is required. This high-profile role reports to our Sr. Manager of Strategic Sales Engineering and will be working from a remote office within the western part of the US.
- Grow revenues by owning the technical sales process for Smartsheet’s SaaS platform to enterprise and commercial customers
- Be the recognized Smartsheet technical sales architect, develop deep Smartsheet solution relevance and selectively engage in our most strategic customer opportunities
- Ability to lead, influence, collaborate and communicate with internal & external stakeholders.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire the sales engineering team
- Proven experience in recruiting, hiring and leading teams
- High levels of energy, passion, innovation, and enthusiasm.
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early-stage software, preferably enterprise SaaS, technical pre-sales experience in a new category
- 5+ years’ experience in technical sales in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- 3+ years in a management / and or team lead role
- Experience building, developing and leading a team of technical or solutions sales professionals including managers
- Experience with collaboration/workflow/project management solutions for line-of-business and/or IT buyers
- Strong competence and experience participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change and the opportunity to innovate is a constant
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), deep technical acumen and situational awareness to elevate the most relevant aspects of technical subjects to effectively achieve the desired outcomes with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Willing to travel periodically (approximately 50%) based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
- Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
- Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
- Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
- Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
- Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
- Effective: Deliver quality
- Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.