Are you the go-to person on your team? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the only one who can solve them? Do you spend more of your time convincing people to let you build what needs to be built than actually building it? Have you spent more than 10 hours in meetings this week? Come work for us and unleash your true potential.
Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Ruby Development Engineer to join the development team. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Build and maintain integrations with the big players in tech: Amazon Web Services, Google, Salesforce.com, Box, Microsoft, PayPal and others
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
- Familiarity with React, Redux or Bakbone.js
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building REST based APIs
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!