When was the last time you had an opportunity to work at a company that was forging an industry and enabling people to get from idea to impact – fast? Smartsheet’s purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. With over 10 million users, our platform gets used across disparate industries ranging from construction to retail to software development. This presents us with unique technical challenges.
We are looking for a Senior UI Software Development Engineer to transform our UI Framework into a decoupled architecture allowing our many development teams to build and deploy UI solutions quickly and independently. In this role you will mentor junior engineers, consult with principal engineers across the company and design comprehensive UI frameworks and component libraries. You will also consult with development teams as they implement the framework and components into the overall UI Framework.
This position is based at our Engineering Office in Bellevue, WA and will report to a Director of Application Development.
Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to bring into our stack
- Consult with other teams across the organization on building UI components and frameworks
- Create and evangelize a UI Framework standard for the organization
- Work with design and UX groups to define UI standards
- Become the Subject Matter Expert of the organization’s UI Architecture
- Mentor junior UI Developers
- 3+ years software development experience
- 5+ years web application development
- 1+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability UI applications
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience transforming a monolithic UI into micro frontend architecture
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience developing service framework
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.