When was the last time you had an opportunity to work at a company that was forging an industry and enabling people to get from idea to making an impact – fast? Smartsheet’s purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. With over 10 million users, our platform gets used across different industries ranging from construction to retail to software development. This presents us with unique technical challenges.
We are looking for a Senior UI Software Development Engineer to transform our UI Framework into a decoupled architecture allowing our many development teams to build and deploy UI solutions quickly and independently. You'll mentor junior engineers, consult with principal engineers across the company and design comprehensive UI frameworks and component libraries. You will also consult with development teams as they implement the framework and components into the UI Framework.
You will be based in our Engineering Office in Bellevue, WA and will report to a leader in our engineering organization.
Our team focuses on distributed decision-making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video.
- Evaluate new technologies to bring into our stack
- Consult with other teams across the organization on building UI components and frameworks
- Create and promote a UI Framework standard across the organization
- Work with design and UX groups to establish UI standards
- Become an expert in our UI Architecture
- Mentor junior UI Developers
- 5+ years software development experience
- 5+ years web application development
- 1+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Experience building scalable, high availability UI applications
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience transforming a monolithic UI into micro frontend architecture
- Experience in REST API design
- Experience building Java services
- MS in Computer Science or related field
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!