Are you the go-to person on your team? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the only one who can solve them? Do you spend more of your time convincing people to let you build what needs to be built than actually building it? Have you spent more than 10 hours in meetings this week? Come work for us and unleash your true potential.
We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to join our Identity and Authentication team. In this role, will be responsible for driving the design and execution of a platform to support Identity and Access services for Smartsheet with a focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Design and build an extensible identity and authentication framework utilizing our existing authentication protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect) and partner-facing APIs
- Guide and mentor team members regarding architecture and best practices
- Provide thought leadership, and influence others, by solving tough problems and contributing thoughtful feedback on peer design and code reviews
- Contribute to full SDLC; defining, prioritizing, designing, implementing, testing, and deploying new features for our platform
- Engage in troubleshooting and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues.
- Own critical features and work in a self-directed, autonomous manner
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years architecting a SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS service running in AWS
- 4+ years microservice or SOA based web application development
- 9+ years of combined system architecture experience across multiple OSes, languages and frameworks. Java experience is a plus!
- Experience with tools such as CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EC2, Route 53, etc is preferred.
- Previous experience with authentication protocols
- Experience with NoSQL DBs, Relational DBs, Object Store architectures across globally replicated cloud instances
- Experience building autoscaling distributed systems
- Recognizes, takes ownership of complicated technical cross-team issues and drives them to resolution
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.