Are you the go-to person on your team? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the only one who can solve them? Do you spend more of your time convincing people to let you build what needs to be built than actually building it? Have you spent more than 10 hours in meetings this week? Come work for us and unleash your true potential.
We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to join our Identity and Authentication team. You will drive the design and execution of a platform to support Identity and Access services for Smartsheet with a focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
You will work at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and report to a Sr. Engineering Manager.
- Develop an identity and authentication framework using our existing authentication protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect) and partner-facing APIs
- Guide and mentor team members regarding architecture and best practices
- Provide thought leadership, and influence others by solving tough problems and contributing thoughtful feedback on peer design and code reviews
- Contribute to full SDLC; define, design, implement, test, and deploying new features for our platform
- Engage in troubleshooting and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues.
- Oversee critical features and work in an autonomous manner
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years architecting a SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS service running in AWS
- 4+ years microservice or SOA-based web application development
- 9+ years of combined system architecture experience across multiple OSes, languages and frameworks. Java experience is a plus!
- Experience with tools such as CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EC2, and Route 53 is preferred.
- Experience with authentication protocols
- Experience with NoSQL DBs, Relational DBs, Object Store architectures across globally replicated cloud instances
- Experience building autoscaling distributed systems
- Recognize, takes ownership of complicated technical cross-team issues and drives them to resolution
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!