Here at Smartsheet, our team thrives under a lightweight, Agile-like process. We build collaboration software and a collaborative environment is what we offer! With the amount of growth we're experiencing, there is no shortage of problems to be solved. Now is a great time to join our team - we're going to be huge!
We are looking for an SDET to join our team. At heart, you are a hands-on tester who eagerly meets new challenges, values stability, and will be able to increasingly contribute to the success of our award winning software. This position reports to the SDET Manager and is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Lead the design and development of our automation framework for services, API, UI, etc.
- Lead the design and development of infrastructure for all of our services, API and UI tests
- Lead the design and implementation of various tools for more efficient testing
- Design, document and execute test plan for individual feature areas
- Work effectively with development and PM counterparts
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community
- Participate in functional, performance, load, stress, security and integration testing
- Working with other senior engineers to develop best practices for software quality assurance across multiple teams
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and expertise
- 5+ yrs of experience designing/building automation frameworks, test infrastructure and tools
- API (REST Web Services) automation and microservices
- Strong coding skills with 5+ years of professional experience in one of the mainstream OO languages (Java, C#)
- 3+ yrs of experience working within a CI/CD DevOps environment
- Comfortable working within OSX, Windows, *and* Linux
- Experience with UI Automation (Selenium) (nice to have), AWS Cloud Services
- Exceptional communication skills, eye for details
- Quick learner with passion for testing and becoming domain expert
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience with applications in the cloud
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies, agile a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.