Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, the Public Relations Manager will play a key role on the team responsible for generating external media and thought leadership opportunities that build awareness of Smartsheet and influence those who matter most to the business. These opportunities include media interviews, company announcements, contributed articles, awards, speaking engagements, influencer programs, executive platforms and more.
- Support strategy development and drive execution on global public relations programs aligned to business priorities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with media and other influencers.
- Drive a regular cadence of press releases and media alerts to keep Smartsheet top of mind with customers, press, analysts, and other key audiences.
- Manage day-to-day tracking of communications metrics, including measurement for specific campaigns as appropriate.
- Meet with key business stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives, providing counsel and recommendations in return.
- Develop and pitch story ideas, securing media interview and contributed content opportunities.
- Manage the interview process, including development of pre-interview briefs/messaging, scheduling and logistics, hosting and follow-up.
- Develop media-facing materials, including news releases,fact sheets, talking points and Q&As, reactive messaging/holding statements, bylines, etc.
- Draft contributed articles and Q&A responses for key executives, conducting spokesperson interviews where required.
- Develop outreach campaigns that position executives as thought leaders around important industry topics.
- Track and develop submissions for relevant speaking opportunities and industry/individual awards.
- Coordinate media interviews at conferences, trade shows and Smartsheet-hosted events.
- Partner with PR agencies to deliver against company and program objectives.
- 8+ years of experience in corporate communications or public relations role; enterprise software experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Experience presenting to and interacting with press, industry analysts, executive leaders and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with PR agencies.
- Experience working on international programs or projects.
- Familiarity with multiple communications disciplines, including internal communications, social media and media relations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to write about complex topics in a simple, easy to understand way.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage high-priority communications projects and provide strategic advice and execution support throughout the process.
- Strong team ethic and collaborative work style, but must be able to work independently, assume responsibility and be accountable.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.