Smartsheet is looking for a high energy, dynamic Strategic Sales Representative to work with our Strategic Accounts. Responsibilities will include engaging customers and partnering with Account Executives in the execution of account strategies and sales opportunities to drive growth in our largest accounts. The successful applicant will show a strong desire to own each customer engagement.
This exciting role reports to the Director of Strategic Representatives and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Respond, engage and qualify trial leads and inbound inquiries
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Work within the account team consisting of Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Success Managers and Professional Services Consultants to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case maps through direct account engagement and insight tools (Tableau, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn, etc)
- Engage license expansion opportunities and inquiries, provide account specific licensing information, create sales quotes, and close transactions or direct the inquiries to customer system admins
- Perform account administration, analysis and reporting
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Achieve sales support quotas by qualifying prospects
- Conduct needs assessment calls to specific prospects
- Confidence and interest in problem solving
- A passion for exceeding expectations
- Ensure Smartsheet’s success in the retention and growth of account revenue
- Ensure customer success in maximizing the value of Smartsheet solutions
- Strong Smartsheet product knowledge/solution development skills
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions through the effective use of core sales tools: Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn, Tableau, OpsCon, GoogleApps, Microsoft Office
- A strong line of business/functional acumen, as well as working with IT organizations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- The capability of understanding of customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by Smartsheet. Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- Drive, Grit, Team Oriented: strong desire to compete and win
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Getting From Idea to Impact! At a time when organizational speed and execution are critical to gaining a competitive edge, modern work — especially at scale — is increasingly bogged down by legacy tools and legacy thinking.
Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
How We're Different?
Smartsheet is the best way to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, enabling teams to move from idea to impact – fast.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.