When was the last time you had an opportunity to work at a company that was forging an industry and enabling people to get from idea to impact – fast! Smartsheet’s purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. With over 10 million users, our platform gets used across disparate industries ranging from construction to retail to software development. This presents us with unique technical challenges.
We are looking for our next Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Edinburgh team. You will help drive quality and stability in the next generation of Smartsheet’s award winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management software.
This position is based at our Edinburgh, UK office. Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Own, design, document and execute test plan.
- Work effectively with Development and Product Management
- Be a customer advocate
- Design and implement various tools and/or automation frameworks for efficient testing
- Adopt and establish best engineering practices for the team
- Use performance monitoring tools and reporting results
- 5+ years of test experience
- Strong SQL/DB Skills
- Experience with Load (JMeter), API (REST Web Services) automation
- Strong coding skills with 5+ years of experience in one of the mainstream OO languages (Java, C#, Python) and work on Data Quality (big data, analytics, statistics)
- Experience with common data structures, algorithms, and/or distributed systems
- Exceptional communication skills, eye for details
- Quick learner with passion for testing and becoming domain expert
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies, agile a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.K. on an ongoing basis
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.