When was the last time you had an opportunity to work at a company that was forging an industry and enabling people to get from idea to impact – fast! Smartsheet’s purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. With over 10 million users, our platform gets used across disparate industries ranging from construction to retail to software development. This presents us with unique technical challenges.
We are looking for our next Senior Front-end focused Software Development Engineer (SDE) to join our development team. In this role, you will work with our Product Managers, UX Designers and Quality Assurance Engineers to deliver next generation experiences that empower our customers. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly efficient, results oriented team in an agile setting and positively impact several product areas by utilizing latest web technologies to their fullest.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to Software Development Manager. Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Work with UX and Design to standardize and simplify UI development practices
- Build modular/reusable UI components
- Build and maintain front-end web application infrastructure
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years web application development
- Experience with modern web application technologies (TypeScript, ES6, React/Angular/VueJS, Sass/Less, etc)
- Solid understanding of web application design principles such as usability, performance, and security
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience building design and component libraries
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Experience building SaaS web applications
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards and practices
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.