Do you like problem solving and getting things done? Keen on optimization and large scale systems development?
Smartsheet UK is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join our Development team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build and improve our Converse service offering, which enable users to build conversational business workflows. Our software team is small, fast paced & highly efficient. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building software that makes an impact. We are looking for highly motivated and intelligent individuals
This position is based at our Edinburgh office.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Involvement in system architecture
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Maintain existing service API and develop new ones
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Interact with SRE teams to debug problems
- Golang experience, if you are not a Go programmer you should have a proven skill set around multiple languages including JAVA or C
- Solid understanding on Object Oriented design
- Solid understanding in Service Oriented Architectures
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Linux system command line
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with MongoDB and other non relational databases
- Experience with relational relational databases like MySQL
- NODE.JS , JAVA and C experience
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Consul and Nomad
- Experience with linux debugging commands like tcpdump and strace
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.