Who We Are
SmartRent is a B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for intuitive, driven individuals with project management experience in construction and/or tech, to lead large, multifamily smart home conversion projects. We are exploding with growth and are already in most major markets around the country, so we are looking for individuals who are excited to travel. Field Installation Managers typically fly out to any given city for 5 days each week. Field Installation Managers interact daily with property managers, leasing agents, maintenance technicians, and residents. Your responsibilities will include communicating with Property Management staff on a recurring basis, technical support, field operations, training, quality assurance, and managing contractors on the ground. We pride ourselves in our dedication to going above and beyond for our client base. We measure our team's success in terms of how proactive we are, how responsive we are, and how many expressions of gratitude we get from our clients. You’ll play a crucial role in ensuring projects go as smoothly as possible and all contractors are representing the SmartRent brand in the highest and best way possible.
We offer a great career path with truly unlimited growth. This position is for the ambitious individual who wants to learn and acquire a number of high valued technical skills. This candidate will work closely with the entire operations team, product team, and engineers who are willing to coach, train and support you in adding all of the required skills, and then some.
- Managing contractors and their crews on the ground
- Prioritizing client needs/requests
- Working with the office team to proactively plan schedules for onsite projects
- Constant communication/collaboration with sales, field managers, support, product team, and developers
- Having regular conversations with property managers to understand any pain points, as well as what will make their SmartRent experience successful
- Adding your own suggestions and efficiencies to improve our documentation and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter and natural leader
- A background in management of residential construction
- Hands on experience with training new customers on software
- Hands on experience in a technical support capacity while supporting customers using an Enterprise Hardware/Software or SaaS Solution
- Prior experience with face-to-face client meetings
- Experience with and a skill for de-escalating situations
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Willingness to travel 5 days a week to different parts of the country to manage projects
- The ability to write about technical subjects clearly and in an engaging style
- The enthusiasm, patience, and organization required to handle multiple client requests effectively
- An excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- General understanding of HVAC systems
- Experience with Property Management, Customer Service and Hospitality
- Technical understanding of how smart home devices work and how to install them
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other's perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry