As a Technical Support Specialist, you are the first line of defence in solving customer problems. You'll become a part of an internal Support Operations team, working with some of the largest and most sophisticated online performance marketers globally. In addition, you’ll be a vital component in ensuring outstanding service to our customers.
This role comes with great responsibility and requires a variety of skills: you’ll serve as a crucial link, translator and communicator between customers and our equally extraordinary product development team. Ideally, you love solving new problems and thrive in situations where there are several unknowns. Your heart beats for the customer and serving them with understanding and care. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Engineering team that develops our web application, Customer teams that serve our clients, and directly with end customers through our 24/7 in-app support chat. Your major responsibility will be making sure that the problems you address will not resurface. As a result, you’ll make the customer’s life easier as well as improve our core product. None of your days will be quite alike – exciting times guaranteed!
As a Technical Support Specialist at Smartly.io, you will...
- Make sure that Smartly.io is known for the best-in-class service globally.
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, and Platform, and provide consultative guidance to businesses.
- Build technical expertise in Instagram & Pinterest and maintain a general awareness of other social channels Ads API as Smartly will continue to become multi-channel.
- Engage with the technological challenges of the world’s largest online advertisers.
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs.
- Quickly resolve support and advertiser issues, including campaign performance and product bugs.
- Perform tech-heavy investigations.
- Analyze, reproduce, prioritize, and document platform bugs.
- Improve documentation and help drive education about our platform.
- Help cultivate the product feedback loop through your experiences in support.
- Act with little direction and work quickly to identify and fix the root causes of problems.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organization
We're definitely looking for you, if you have...
- A genuine curiosity about online marketing, willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals, and an ability to learn new things quickly.
- Passion for technology, very quick to learn new tools and able to independently learn and investigate complex customer queries
- 2-3 years technical support experience in a customer facing role, preferably with SAAS technology. Experience in ad tech, online marketing industry highly desirable
- Knowledge of databases, HTTP fundamentals, REST APIs, and basic web-application architecture (MVC) highly desirable
- Knowledge of modern web technologies highly desirable, like React or AngularJS (our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Scala, React+Redux+Flow, Angular, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra and PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Intercom preferred
- Fluent spoken and written English, and a strong communicator
Smartly.io is one of the world’s largest SaaS digital advertising platforms. We help brands better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best across the largest media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, and Google.
We manage nearly $5B in ad spend and help 700+ brands worldwide. Our leading end-to-end technology and outstanding customer helps brands like Walmart, FanDuel, L’Oreal, Warner Bros. Discovery, Nestle, and Disney/ESPN to better reach audiences, engage creatives and learn what performs best.
We offer growth-minded people opportunities to make an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. You’ll work with a team of 600+ Smartlies, representing 60+ nationalities. We operate in 13 countries across 24 locations.
At Smartly.io, you can enjoy the freedom to harmonize work and personal life. As a global, hybrid organization, we are mindful to collaborate in ways that allow everyone, everywhere to be productive and feel included.
Join our global team to change the future of digital marketing!
Learn more at smartly.io/careers.