Smartly.io is looking for a Head of Analytics to lead our Analytics and Business Intelligence team! Our centralized analytics team works with different parts of the organization, spanning from Product Management and Design to Customer Success, Sales, Marketing and Finance. Our team develops scalable analytics solutions to questions ranging from product feature adoption to customer profitability and churn. We also work closely with our Data Platform team to manage and develop our data assets.
We are looking for an experienced leader, or a person with a strong urge to become one, to lead the team and to make Smartly an even more data driven company. You will interact with stakeholders to ensure that we are working on the high impact things, help to plan the conceptual and technical aspects of analytics solutions, and coach the analysts to do their best work yet. You will also get a chance to get your hands dirty in the data and to build things yourself!
At Smartly.io analytics runs on the modern data stack. We utilize Airflow, Segment and Fivetran for data ingestion, dbt for data modeling, Tableau for productionized dashboards and Redash and Jupyter Notebooks for analyses. You will own much of the tech stack, and be responsible for developing our technical capabilities further. In addition to the tech stack you will manage relations with the different operational units, ensuring that we work towards common, data derived KPI’s and share a common source of truth for those KPI’s.
As a the Head of Analytics at Smartly.io, you will:
- Strive to create world-class analytics at Smartly
- Own and manage the analytics team’s work and backlog
- Build, develop and maintain our data marts and develop scalable solutions in analytics engineering
- Get your hands dirty with data and guide analysts to ensure high quality work
- Grow the team and help the existing team members develop in their skills and careers
- Develop an understanding of our product data and help develop the tracking of key features.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of what drives our success
- Be an important part of our higher level data driven decision making process
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable technical skills in analytics, analytics engineering, and statistical analysis
- Experience in leading and growing an analytics team
- Experience in working in a data-driven environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills, you can turn data into stories and convince others with your expertise. You will be ensuring that analytics gets the respect (and resources) it deserves.
- Experience with business & product analytics
- An understanding of data warehousing
- A good knowledge of typical key business KPIs for SaaS companies
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 4B€ in ad spend and serve more than 700 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 68 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 650 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.