We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join team Creators focusing on Creative Management and Asset Storage. This team is responsible for the Asset Library, a service built for storing and optimizing media assets, fonts, rendered images and videos, and maintains various components used throughout the application to interact with the Asset Library. This team's work stands at the core of the Creative Group's product offering, and offers a great deal of engineering challenges and growth opportunities.
We are technology agnostic and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favored stack is Node.js in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL and/or RabbitMQ. On the front-end side of things, React with TypeScript is the flavour du jour.
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io!
As a Fullstack Engineer you will...
- Have end-to-end ownership of vertical slices of our platform
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Defining, designing and owning API contracts made for internal and external stakeholders
- Focus on well-designed and well-executed software, quality matters
- Be a core contributor of our Creative Engineering Group's ambitions and product offering
- Work with our stakeholders - be them UX, product, infrastructure or our support function - to ensure we meet customers where they are
- Apply and enhance your soft skills through working closely with our customers and your peers
What we are looking for...
- Experience in backend development using modern technologies. We use mostly NodeJS and Typescript, but we are open to hear more about technologies used by you
- Experience in building robust, complex and distributed web applications
- Motivation for solving customers problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace
What we offer you...
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavour to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 4B€ in ad spend and serve more than 700 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 68 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 650 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.