We’re looking for an experienced backend-oriented developer to join our reporting focused team called Bobby Tables. Our number-crunching service aggregates data from multiple sources within and outside Smartly.io making it one of the most data-heavy parts of the application. Customers can analyze performance of their ad campaigns by using the flexible report builder and data visualizer tool our team has developed.
Besides providing a customer-facing interface to the online analytical processing (OLAP) system that allows it to run complex analysis, the service offers programmatic access to the Reporting engine powering such features as automated actions and automated budget optimizations. The challenges lie in different areas: the scale of the database (several terabytes of data), complexity of database queries powered by flexible query language exposed as REST API, having numerous stakeholders both on client and data ingestion sides (Smartly.io teams and 3-party integrations to performance aggregation services such as Google Analytics). The data structures have been evolving from being focused on one ad serving channel to being abstract cross-channel.
As a Software Engineer you will…
- Work on making Campaign Overview and Reporting solution more self-served for Smartly.io teams | Enable other Smartly.io teams to send data and generate reports
- Plan, implement and support the improvements to our Reporting engine both in the backend and in the frontend
- Collaborate with Designer, Senior Engineer, Engineering Manager, Product Manager within your team to gather requirements and provide necessary context
- Help our customers directly and indirectly to unleash the power of Reporting engine to optimize their business performance
What we are looking for:
- Having 3+ years of experience in backend development
- Agility to write efficient code in different languages and paradigms - we mainly use Ruby in non-Rails way, Nest, koa, and a bit of PHP in the backend and React in the frontend
- Strong background in developing complex backend systems
- Understanding of challenges in larger engineering organizations (200+ developers)
- Self-driven attitude, willingness to touch business context
What we offer you:
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavour to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process:
First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 4B€ in ad spend and serve more than 700 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 68 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 650 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.