We're looking for a DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer to work closely with the development teams and customer-facing teams to continuously improve, support, secure, and operate our production and test environments.
We believe in automating our infrastructure as much as possible and pursuing challenging problems in a sustainable and repeatable way. Currently, our infrastructure processes petabytes of data every month through hundreds of servers.
- Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Logstash, Jenkins, Grafana
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, VictoriaMetrics
- Hybrid Cloud: 2000+ dedicated servers and Private Cloud, Infrastructure as code.
Our workplace is flexible, and as a part of our DevOps team, you can choose the best ways for you to work, attending development teams dailies and retros that are all located here in Helsinki.
- Production experience with distributed/scalable systems consisting of multiple microservices and/or high traffic web applications
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- Knowledge of how the web works and HTTP fundamentals.
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language. Smartly uses e.g. Python, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP
- Experience in containerising applications and deployment to production (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in building modern Terraform infrastructures in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Experience in SQL, building complex queries and debugging query performance.
- Experience with SQL databases like PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like Redis or anything in between.
- Knowledge in good security practices, including network security, system hardening, secure software, compliance GDPR.
- Familiarity with automated build pipeline / continuous integration using Jenkins, Hubot, Kubernetes/Docker and Github Actions. With this setup, we're deploying to production 20 times per day!
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines.
What we offer you:
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavor to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 4B€ in ad spend and serve more than 700 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 68 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 650 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.