We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Creative Group at Smartly and take part in a large-scale integration project between Smartly.io and our latest acquisition Ad-lib.io. In this role you will take ownership of working on the integrations between two large-scale and established products that have already a large customer base. Your work will for example include data migrations, development of both existing and new features, and seeking alignment between the products when it comes to customer identification, asset management and rendering digital advertisements.
We are technology agnostic and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favored stack is Node.js in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL.
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io!
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will...
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Defining, designing and owning API contracts made for internal and external stakeholders
- Focus on well-designed and well-executed software, quality matters
- Be a core contributor of our Creative Engineering Group's ambitions and product offering
- Work with our stakeholders - be them UX, product, infrastructure or our support function - to ensure we meet customers where they are
- Apply and enhance your soft skills through working closely with your colleagues and our customers
What we are looking for...
- Experience in backend development using modern technologies.
- Experience in building robust, complex and distributed web applications
- Interest towards building large scale integrations, bonus points for experience in this area
- Passion to drive best possible technical architecture choices, and be fearless to when facing unknown new challenges
- Motivation for solving customers problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace
What we offer you...
Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every team will have some skin in the game. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership. We value work life balance and have a strong culture that we hope all of our Smartlies bring their own flavor to. As a company we provide a competitive salary, option package and a generous package of benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: You will take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture. As the final interview we will have an Explore and Expand where we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 4B€ in ad spend and serve more than 700 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 800 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.