Team Lead, Customer Solutions Engineering - Americas will be leading the Technical Consulting team in Americas. This role is a combination of a creative problem solver and strategic software engineer with the focus of working closely with our largest customers and prospects. Technical consulting’s goal is to solve current and future customers’ problems and build trust in our product, through providing technical solutions and guidance. This includes identifying, designing and implementing technical solutions that address customer needs accurately and bring value both for the client and Smartly.
As Team Lead, Customer Solutions Engineering - Americas, you will...
- Build and lead our Technical Consulting team in the Americas
- Be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on technical consultant and an effective people manager
- Coordinate and prioritize projects with the goal of keeping our largest customers happy, preventing churn, winning new clients, unlocking new revenue and ensuring that internal teams’ processes are automated whenever possible
- Work with the most strategic and challenging customer cases: being the subject matter expert and solving the issues that no one else can
- Work closely with clients and partners to understand real world problems and solve them through existing Smartly.io solutions or a newly built lightweight solutions
- Provide support and ensure that the technical needs are validated and addressed when onboarding new customers to Smartly.io. This can include work related to integrations, advanced setups or automated reporting.
- Drive cross-team collaboration between various internal teams, including product & engineering, sales, customer success, service operations and solutions engineering
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure effective product feedback loop from the customers to the product with a goal of building the product that our customers need
- Guide on and implement integrations and technical setup to get customers started as well as guiding customers to take new Smartly.io features into use
- Find and remove technical obstacles for revenue growth
- Discover technical workarounds to remove churn risk reasons
- Internal automation: E.g. discover and implement improved workflows for bulk management, sales discovery, reporting, account planning, etc.
- Share advanced learnings to other functions and help training team on technical topics
We're definitely looking for you, if you have...
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical support role, related engineering role or experience leading a technical team in the digital marketing industry
- Proven track record in leading and managing challenging customer cases and driving results
- Ability to work both as a manager and as a hands-on contributor
- Strong problem solving skills, easily adaptable to new situations, and eager to learn and to contribute
- Passion to work closely with customers and solve their challenges
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Excellent ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and writing technical articles
- Are capable of leading technical discussions and prioritizing projects
- Incredibly fast learning skills
Additionally it would be beneficial to have some of the following...
- Built and shipped complex software products
- Previous management experience
- Master’s degree in Management, Computer Science, IT administration or related field
- Hands-on experience on advertising on Paid Social
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.