We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our new onboarding experience team. As a Frontend Engineer, you'll be responsible for extending our UI component library based on the Smartly.io design system, as well as driving its adoption in the Smartly.io application frontend. You'll take ownership of the frontend project as a whole and help the team improve the onboarding experience of our customers and build tooling, best practices and the overall architecture.
Our team is responsible for onboarding experience as a whole and ensures other teams consider it also in their areas. The team makes sure that new users get relevant actionability and guidance when starting to use app features and setting relevant configuration. The team will also take part developing the UI component library and overseeing the application frontend. We already have 50+ components used by multiple teams, and we work closely with the Product Design team to create new components.
Our tech stack: TypeScript, React + styled components, Storybook, Lerna monorepo, tests with Jest + react-testing-library.
If you are passionate about working with onboarding experience and design systems, this could be just the role for you! You'll work in a highly autonomous self-organizing development team that owns its roadmap, and chooses its technologies. See how engineers work at Smartly.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be...
- Building and maintaining a Smartly.io frontend component library.
- Improving the whole UI development process together with the design team.
- Ensuring the adoption of the component library by working with an existing codebase.
- Owning the build and release processes of the application frontend as well as improving our frontend architecture and ways of working.
What we're looking for...
- Strong experience in working with a React-based component library.
- Experience in working closely with designers.
- Background in working with a SaaS product that's being developed by multiple teams.
- Bonus points for experience with multiple-package-development
What we offer you...
- Chance to work with and architect a modern UI component library that is used by multiple teams.
- A strong culture of ownership, which means you can have a significant personal impact on the products we're building, as well as on our customers and business.
- Opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there if you're interested in working closely with customers.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.