The Creative Product Group builds our core product for online marketing and creative teams of the world's biggest brands. Our offering includes image and video editors, content management, visual reports and team collaboration capabilities and it enables them to produce vast numbers of ad creatives across online advertising channels and to understand what is resonating with their audience and why.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer for the Creative Product Group. In this role you will be the leading technical person in the Creative Group, helping the teams with their biggest technical challenges. You will be an important driving force setting strategic technical direction, identifying areas of critical need based on future growth and developing roadmaps to attack those problems.
The Staff Engineer (Creative) works in close collaboration with the Engineering Director and Group Product Manager in the Creative group and reports to the Chief Architect.
Our group’s has interesting challenges for 2022:
- Help us integrate and build synergies with product offerings of M&A targets
- Build content management functionality to enhance our customer’s capability to produce creative content at scale
- Scale up our video and image template rendering
These are not small problems, but our hope is that you do not shy away from challenges such as these. Through facilitation, planning, discovery and action, you will have a significant impact on both what this role means to Smartly, and the shape of the Creative Product offering in the company as well.
As this is a fairly new role at Smartly.io, you will also have a substantial impact in shaping the Staff Engineer role at Smartly.io. We expect you to utilise your strengths to the benefit of the development teams in the Creative group.
- Be a strong engineering voice alongside other leaders through advising and driving Smartly.io's technical vision and strategy, in close collaboration with both the Chief Architect and all Staff Engineers
- Drive execution, which will include hands-on coding and collaboration on the most critical projects
- Take responsibility for the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects that drive towards the architectural vision and provide leadership for teams in the Creative group.
- Be a technical leader within the group you work with to initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within Smartly.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices and mentoring other engineers.
- Interview senior developers to maintain consistent high standards across teams
- Represent the Smartly.io employee brand by writing blog posts.
- You have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with software engineering and designing large scale systems.
- Strong track record in delivering projects.
- You possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech.
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.