Our team Vulcan builds the tools that build the tools. We work on many aspects of developer tooling at Smartly.io, from CI (we use GitHub Actions mostly) to our own development environment management tool (Devbox) that manages development environments for developers in our Kubernetes clusters. We are a team of four engineers helping other Smartly.io developers to be more effective in their day-to-day work.
If you're interested in learning more about what we are doing please take a look at this YouTube video about DevBox.
What You'll Do...
- Maintain and extend our CI framework in our GitHub Actions environment, helping developers automate the tasks needed to get their software into production.
- Work on our public cloud (AWS) CI infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve our development environment tooling and development Kubernetes clusters.
- Work with TypeScript, Node.js, Ruby and bash.
- Help our developers implement best practices in their projects.
Who We're Looking for...
- Experienced developer that has set up development environments for and deployed significant projects
- Background in developer tooling or CI that has been used by other developers.
- An interest in the infrastructure side of software engineering, bonus if you have some DevOps experience.
- Knowledge in building robust systems that handle multiple points of failure gracefully. Deployments fail, but that failure can’t affect production environments.
- Someone comfortable with a Unix shell or similar.
In summary, what we offer you...
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the tools we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- Working closely with developers across the organization and with multiple technologies. This is an excellent learning opportunity.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.