We're looking for an aspiring software developer to join our 200+ Engineering team in Finland or in Germany. We need your help in discovering new and exciting ways to make our customers' jobs easier and more enjoyable — If you enjoy solving problems with large data sets, experimenting with new technologies and want to be a part of a self-organising cross-functional team, Smartly.io is where you want to be.
We are expecting the starting date for this job to be not earlier than end of January.
What you'll do...
- Work in an autonomous fullstack development team, driving end-to-end development of product features using cutting edge technologies. Deliver together.
- Solve challenging technical problems and collaborate with different disciplines and engineering teams to build a robust, performant and seamless ads experience
- Have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced advertisers in the world. Make an impact. Work with the industry's brightest talent as part of one of the fastest-growing and successful scaleups!
What we're working with...
You will have the opportunity to learn and use new technologies, as well as leverage the existing Smartly.io tech infrastructure.
Building performant and highly scalable software is a necessity at Smartly.io due to the volume of data that flows through our application from various data sources. Some of the technologies we use are TypeScript, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ, and while you'll be able to have a big influence on the team's tech stack, we do expect you to have solid experience with these technologies.
At Smartly.io, product development teams form four larger Product Groups – Facebook, Paid Social, Creative and Cross-Platform – and an Infrastructure Group responsible for site reliability and tooling. During the recruitment process, we try to find the best team for you considering your skills and experience. You can read through what the different Groups are working on here:
Who are we looking for...
- You have quality driven mentality and experience with test automation, code reviews or other similar approaches
- You have experience of building user-facing products in the professional software development team focusing on the customer value. Understand and appreciate the value of tight feedback loops
- You have an understanding of the best practices in agile software development.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.