We're looking for a DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer to work closely with the development teams and customer-facing teams to continuously improve, support, secure, and operate our production and test environments.
We believe in automating our infrastructure as much as possible and pursuing challenging problems in a sustainable and repeatable way. Currently, our infrastructure processes petabytes of data every month through hundreds of servers.
- Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Logstash, Jenkins, Grafana
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch
- Hybrid Cloud: 2000+ dedicated servers and Private Cloud, Infrastructure as code.
- Production experience with distributed/scalable systems consisting of multiple microservices and/or high traffic web applications
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- Knowledge of how the web works and HTTP fundamentals.
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language. Smartly uses e.g. Python, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP
- Experience in containerising applications and deployment to production (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in SQL, building complex queries and debugging query performance.
- Experience with SQL databases like PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like Redis or anything in between.
- Knowledge in good security practices, including network security, system hardening, secure software, compliance GDPR.
- Familiarity with automated build pipeline / continuous integration using Jenkins, Hubot, Kubernetes/Docker and Github Actions. With this setup, we're deploying to production 20 times per day!
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive compensation
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Wellness and personal development (tools, events, etc.) reimbursement.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a self-organizing team.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.