As a Backend Developer you'll help develop and maintain Smartly.io's in-house invoicing system.
Our team and Finance are best friends. We've developed an in-house invoicing system for them to use in close collaboration. System is stable in production but the invoicing landscape is ever-evolving with the Product and requires constant development. Our work is closer to the business and money side of Smartly.io than to its core advertising platform.
Our stack: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, NetSuite
Your challenge will be...
- Build, design and maintain our existing in-house invoicing system
- Help Smartlies with different revenue related investigations
- Collaborate with Finance and Customer teams to revise the specs for the invoicing system
What we are looking for...
- Experience in building web applications with Ruby on Rails or other modern web frameworks or languages (Node.js, Python)
- Fluency with PostgreSQL or similar SQL databases
- Motivation for solving problems cross-team by reaching out and talking to people
- Previous experience with Financial systems such as NetSuite, cXML or payment systems is a bonus
What we offer you...
- You'll get to work on a complex system that calculates revenues from multiple data points
- We are not afraid to make bold decisions so there's room for everyone's opinion despite having a stable production
- Support for relocation
- Competitive salary and benefits
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.