The new Display team focuses on expanding our creative production automation capabilities, from Paid Social-specific image and video formats into Display and HTML5 creatives. We are building on top of a powerful creative template editor where design teams can produce thousands of creative variations in different formats and for all advertising channels they care about.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. Our canvas is built using React/Redux with TypeScript with some performance modifications to optimize the React run-time for rendering HTML5 creatives. We use Webpack and Github Actions to build and deploy our bundle to S3.
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io.
What You'll do...
- Design, build and scale a web-hosted creative editor (think After Effects in your browser) for the most advanced performance marketers and designers.
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including working with product and UX/UI design to create great user experiences.
What we are looking for...
- Understanding of React/Redux functional programming patterns.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Team player mentality and genuine interest to support and mentor junior team members.
- Motivation for solving customers' problems and delivering value to customers with quality.
What we offer you...
- You'll have a significant personal impact on the products we're building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
Smartly.io has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Data Scientist to join our growing Performance team in Helsinki or Berlin.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.