We are looking for a senior frontend engineer to join team Aqueduct, a team building our feed management solution for large-scale cross-platform social advertising. We are looking for a seasoned professional to enable the long-term growth and product success for the team.
For our customers, providing e.g. product, hotel or flight data as feeds can unlock the potential of creative automation with image templates as well as many other nifty features of Smartly.io app. As we are supporting more and more social channels we want to develop our robust feed management platform to serve them all from a one-stop shop. For this, we are looking for a person familiar with solving complex technical problems, who can also seize learning opportunities and share them with the team.
Tech stack: React, TypeScript
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io. Another thing that you might find as an interesting read is our blog post about How we build our micro frontends as our team has its own micro frontend as well.
Projects you get to work with...
- We want to make sure that our UI components and APIs allow frictionless adoption for any product area looking to leverage feeds. To ensure that we are developing our components as a micro frontend project and carefully providing the right abstractions for maximizing flexibility
- In addition to feed configuration and processing, we own the related statistics and logs and we want to continuously develop visibility into them in throughout our product
- Your day to day work will focus on building and supporting very important features for your fellow engineers across the organization so you get to work with multiple teams in close collaboration
What we are looking for...
- Work experience in converting business requirements into technical solutions
- Fluency with our main tech stack: Ruby on Rails, React and TypeScript
- Active “ready-to-share” attitude when it comes to learnings and improvement ideas
What we offer you...
- You'll have a significant personal impact on the products we're building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- You'll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there, like Uber, eBay, Zalando.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): self-learning materials & activities, quarterly team activity days, monthly company activity days and sorts & activity groups
What to expect from our recruitment process
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.