We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join team Kino, the team responsible for building out our video and image template editors. For some more context as to what they build out, check out this blog post, the official support article or this slide deck showing off our new Image Editor.
As part of team Kino, you will be responsible for a flagship part of Smartly's product offering, and will have a massive impact on the company's ambitions for the future. Our customers rely on our creative production tooling to generate tens of millions of advertising creatives, and your future team will be placed in the center of all of this effort.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. Our editor canvas is built using React/Redux with TypeScript. We manage a public API for other internal services that consume our creative templates. Our service runs on NodeJS orchestrated by Kubernetes. We also integrate with some BI tools (Snowflake, Redash, Google) for analysis of our creatives used across social advertising platforms. We use Webpack and Github Actions for our build and deployment pipeline.
We will be focusing heavily on bringing new innovations to the editor, all the while reacting to customer demand and feedback. Our templating solutions are in heavy use: during peak times, we've rendered 16 billion (16 000 000 000) images on hundreds of servers monthly.
Read more about team Kino's work in our blog:
As a Fullstack Engineer you will...
- Manage modern backend systems that power thousands of creatives daily
- Work with our multi-platform infrastructure and integrating into different types of data sources
- Design, build and scale a web-hosted creative editor (think After Effects in your browser) for the most advanced performance marketers and designers
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, including working with product managers and engineers from multiple different teams to create great user experiences.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior engineers in the team.
What we are looking for...
- Understanding of React/Redux functional programming patterns
- Solid skills in NodeJS
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with TypeScript
- Team player mentality and genuine interest to support and mentor junior team members
- Motivation for solving customers' problems and delivering value to customers with quality
What we offer you...
- You'll have a significant personal impact on the products we're building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): learning budget for professional development materials & courses, monthly company learning days, quarterly cross-team hackathon, and quarterly team activity day.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.