We're looking for a Director of Data Science to join our 200+ product organization in Helsinki or in Berlin.
Smartly is growing fast and we need your experience and drive to help us continue at this velocity. As part of this role you will be working as a member of the Engineering Leadership team for the company, having real impact. You will have an opportunity to set vision and strategy for Data Science, drive execution and coach & champion ML competencies at Smartly.
Life at Smartly, check out our Culture and Leadership Handbooks.
Some highlights from our engineering blog on what kind work we have done:
Here's What You'll Do...
- Set and Drive the vision and strategy for the application of ML and AI at Smartly.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your teams by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and help them to become technical leaders.
- Use your skills in data science and machine learning to understand how creatives work in online marketing and build new tools to optimize and automate our customers' work.
- Validate new ideas and concepts by working closely with customers.
- Partner with recruiting to help scale the Data Science team by actively sourcing and closing the best talent
- Serve as a member of the Engineering Leadership at Smartly.
- Bring out the best in the individuals by enabling them to do the best work of their lives. Works to forge the bonds of a strong team.
Here's What We're Looking For...
- 10+ years of experience in building services and products
- 5+ years of experience in applying machine learning to real-life problems.
- 2+ years of experience in leading teams.
- Competent with key technologies in ML; PyTorch, TensorFlow, python, SQL.
- Capability to independently build and test prototypes in the data science domain.
- A pragmatic mindset. We always aim to create value to our customers. We're also working on production systems and our customers' business depends on it.
- Curiosity and the drive to continuously learn through study and experimentation on the job.
- Ability to set a long-term vision for the team and drive execution towards that vision
- Able to mentor, coach, and develop data scientists and engineers.
- Understanding of security and compliance requirements when working with personal data
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a relevant field (Mathematics, CS, Physics, …)
- Excellent written and spoken English
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.