Our team of data-engineers and analysts strive to enable smart business decisions based on data. We collect, warehouse, and refine data to support business intelligence, product analysis and sales operations.
Team works closely with multiple teams across the company to build a data infrastructure to support our growing organisation.
Our stack: Snowflake, Airflow (Python), Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, DBT (Data Build Tool), Segment, Fivetran, redash, Tableau
Your challenge will be...
- Develop and automate large scale data processing systems
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, & maintainable
- Partner with our data analytics team to drive Smartly.io business growth and improve the product experience. Help other Smartlies to access the data, and understanding and communicating the downstream dependencies when breaking changes are needed
- Identify, integrate and maintain tooling related to the data infrastructure
- Build integrations to our own and external systems
- Mentor and lead other data engineers in their professional growth
What we are looking for...
- Technical knowledge with interest in developing leadership skills
- Willingness to take ownership of growing and developing your team
- Strong experience with SQL
- Strong experience working hands on with databases, preferably OLAP databases
- Experience in working with messaging technologies, like RabbitMQ
- Working with data on terabyte scale
- Working across team boundaries to establish overarching data architecture, and provide guidance to individual teams.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Snowflake or other cloud OLAP databases
- Data warehouse/data mart modelling experience
- Experience with Airflow or other similar workflow tools
- Python experience
What we offer you...
- Work on a complex system that calculates revenues from multiple data points.
- We are not afraid to make bold decisions so there's room for everyone's opinion despite having a stable production.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: We will discuss your Leadership principles and how you are planning to take care of your future team
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.