We are looking for a full-time Senior Fullstack Developer to join our team Aether. In the team you will get to build Smartly's cross-platform functionality by developing services and functionality to end-users as well as to other developer teams within Smartly. Aether is a remote working team so you can work either anywhere from Finland or from Germany!
Our team solves broad and complex problems, that are not ad platform specific, and have high impact across the whole user base. We are doing data driven decision making, continuous improvement, encouraging experimentation and exploration, with the aim of maximizing learning and minimizing management overhead. We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is NodeJS in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL and/or RabbitMQ. On the front-end side of things, React with TypeScript is the flavour du jour.
Expect to be involved in solving these problems:
- User identity and access management, including role based access control (RBAC) and dynamic access control
- Authentication and login methods, including single sign-on (SSO) both ways with just-in-time user provisioning
- The general security features of the application
- The user experience and the integration points for managing users and settings
- Notifications (both Email and In-App) and messaging
- Plus other interesting system wide end-to-end problems we identify, while making the product easy, efficient and enjoyable for our users
Want to learn more? See How Engineers work at Smartly.io!
As a Fullstack developer you will...
- Have cradle-to-grave ownership of vertical slices of our platform.
- Writing code and automated test
- Doing code reviews
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Breaking our monolith into maintainable microservices
- Work with our stakeholders? Be them UX, product, infrastructure, or our support function?to ensure we meet customers where they are.
- Assist our support functions, both in an advisory role and as a participant. That's right; we all do customer support.
- Participate in our development process improvement
What we are looking for...
- Experience in building web backends using any reasonable stack. We appreciate experience in the NodeJS stack, and ability to understand PHP code as that is our legacy stack that we're trying to break down into microservices, but if you have experience in another web stack we can work it out.
- Fluency with current frontend development toolchains, whether that be React, Vue or Angular.
- Drive to solve customer problems and deliver value at a fast pace.
What we offer you...
- You'll join a maturing team with a portfolio that isn't bogged down by years of legacy. You can and will have a significant impact on both what we build and how we build things.
- Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every other team will have some skin in the game. Your work will impact our customers and our business.
- You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership.
- If you're interested in working closely with customers, you'll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.