Smartly.io is scaling fast and we are looking for an experienced Architect to join the CTO, VP of Architecture and other Architects to help drive our global technology roadmap. We are looking for an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Smartly to the next level, capable of withstanding the growing number of users and load as well as supporting our multi-channel roll out. As we have grown we have added many services and utilise many technologies, you will help establish Architectural principles and governance to justify new technology choices, fix anti-patterns and collapse services where possible to reach optimum service to team ratio.
You can be based in either Helsinki or Berlin, we operate hybrid teams and remote work opportunities within Finland and Germany are also possible, with travel to office when safe to do so.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design and develop Smartly’s global system and software architecture
- Lead performance efforts in the company
- Contribute to the global technology roadmap of the company
- Design and develop multi-regional data storage and access for customers worldwide
- Design enterprise-level security model for Smartly’s platform
Here's What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years industry experience (software development / engineering), knowledge of Agile development
- 5+ years as an architect or technical lead across multiple teams
- Proven experience in building large scale, distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of microservices, clustering, redundancy
- Experience in enterprise technologies, such as message brokers, internal and external APIs
- Experience in building databases and data stores
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure and information security
- Stakeholder management experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluency in English language
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.