We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic Sales Account Executive to join our team at Viralspace. As our team’s first sales hire, you will be responsible for owning, managing, and driving the full sales process from the first contact through closing new sales. The position requires strong prospecting, effective communication, presentation and closing skills.
Your role as Account Executive is to seek out and speak to leads, carefully understand their needs, qualify opportunities, and then proceed to proposals with those who are an excellent fit. You will be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our customer base.
At Viralspace, you'll be joining a nimble startup backed by a much more established company. We're a Bay Area-based startup that came out of Stanford and operated independently since 2019. We recently joined forces with Smartly.io, the leading social advertising tool, to lead their creative optimization efforts. Viralspace will remain a fully independent business line backed by all of the incredible resources, talents, and customers of Smartly. It's an exciting time to join as our customer base will grow exponentially!
The #1 factor that drives performance for digital ads is the creative, yet the creative decision-making process today is based on little more than guesswork. At Viralspace, we're changing that by using AI to help marketers make data-driven decisions about their ad creative. We use computer vision to tag millions of features across a brand's past ads, then present insights in a variety of AI-based software tools. Marketing teams at companies like TechStyle, Philips, and Ogilvy are our customers.
Smartly is on a mission to help advertisers unlock greater performance and creativity in social advertising by combining ad buying and creative automation. They have an established suite of ad buying and creative template tools loved by 700+ clients (across over $4B ad spend!), and are starting to move into creative optimization with Viralspace. Smartly is based in Helsinki but has satellite offices across the US, including San Francisco, where this role is based.
- Meet or exceed new sales objectives.
- Generate new leads and opportunities.
- Maintain a pipeline of active opportunities
- Manage full sales cycle from prospect to close.
- Conduct online demonstrations and leverage web-based tools to convert leads to customers.
- Manage high-profile accounts and close key opportunities.
- Work in close collaboration with Product/Engineering teams to inform new product features and relay customer feedback.
- Monitor and report on sales performance analytics.
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase sales and improve customer experience.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Customer Success team to ensure a successful handoff process.
- 2-5 years experience as a quota-carrying sales representative and/or sales prospecting experience.
- BA/ BS in Business or related field preferred
- Prior Sales experience required in a related or similar industry.
- Genuine customer empathy.
- Successful track record in selling things.
- Excellent understanding of the selling process.
- Entrepreneurial drive—you thrive being part of a small team, rapidly iterating on your approach to unlocking opportunities, and getting your hands dirty to sell.
We care about compensating our employees fairly and creating an environment where you can learn and grow your career. As part of Smartly, we get to offer all of the incredible benefits that they have, including:
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity
- Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team: A multi-national team of 500+ Smartlies, and plenty of events to meet them at (as well as our tight-knit Viralspace team of <10 people)
- Five full weeks of paid vacation (25 PTO days)
- Paid parental leave
- Top notch equipment: computer, phone with a plan, noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible work from home policy: Currently, we're 100% remote due to Covid-19. As soon as we're able to come back to the office (est. fall 2021), we will allow for a hybrid work model
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.