We're hiring a Customer Success Manager for Viralspace: one of the first 4 CSMs and one of the first 20 employees in our business line. At Viralspace, Customer Success is instrumental to helping customers realize the value of our products through all stages of the customer lifecycle, from onboarding through renewal. You'll build lasting relationships with our enterprise customers and ensure that they continuously make the most of Viralspace. You'll guide customers through onboarding and work cross-functionally with our labeling and engineering teams to get the product set up. You'll also work with our product team to bring customer feedback into our product roadmap, and play a key strategic role in shaping our internal processes.
As an early member of our Customer Success team, you have the opportunity to shape our processes and define how we work with our clients. We’re looking for a resourceful self-starter who loves building relationships and can flex into an "onboarding specialist" role.
As our founding CSM, you will play a unique role: you'll shape our internal processes and help us develop our Customer Success and Onboarding Specialist teams. We're looking for someone with established customer success experience who can build processes and teams, and potentially manage others within a year. If you get excited by the opportunity to join a fast-paced team and shape our company's customer success processes, this role will be a great fit!
This role is based in San Francisco, although we have a flexible hybrid work policy.
At Viralspace, you'll be joining a nimble startup backed by a much more established company. We're a Bay Area-based startup that came out of Stanford and operated independently since 2019. We recently joined forces with Smartly.io, the leading social advertising tool, to lead their creative optimization efforts. Viralspace will remain a fully independent business line backed by all of the incredible resources, talents, and customers of Smartly. It's an exciting time to join as our customer base will grow exponentially!
The #1 factor that drives performance for digital ads is the creative, yet the creative decision-making process today is based on little more than guesswork. At Viralspace, we're changing that by using AI to help marketers make data-driven decisions about their ad creative. We use computer vision to tag millions of features across a brand's past ads, then present insights in a variety of AI-based software tools. Marketing teams at companies like TechStyle, Philips, and Ogilvy are our customers.
Smartly is on a mission to help advertisers unlock greater performance and creativity in social advertising by combining ad buying and creative automation. They have an established suite of ad buying and creative template tools loved by 700+ clients (across over $4.5B ad spend!), and are starting to move into creative optimization with Viralspace. Smartly is based in Helsinki but has satellite offices across the US, including San Francisco, where this role is based.
- Act as the main point of contact for customers to deliver an exceptional customer experience and ensure they get the most value out of their social advertising
- Learn Viralspace's products and the social advertising space inside and out: understand how marketers can use our tools and how to help them achieve their advertising goals
- Manage the customer onboarding process: define the timeline, work cross-functionally to get the product set up, lead clients through onboarding, and help them launch their first tests
- Manage the feature definition and labeling process: analyze client ads and suggest creative features to tag (e.g. objects, colors). Work with our engineering and labeling teams to get these features tagged.
- Continuously problem solve alongside our clients: provide best practices and consultative advice, bring feedback into product discussions
- Be the voice of customers to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Collaborate effectively across functions including Sales, Marketing, Technical Solutions, Services, Product and Engineering
- Help Viralspace build a world-class Customer Success and Onboarding Specialist organization: define and optimize existing processes
- Help guide our overall customer success strategy and define internal processes
- Help build and potentially manage Viralspace's Customer Success and Onboarding Specialist team
- You excel at growing and nurturing relationships with customers and colleagues
- You're organized and can handle complex accounts or projects
- You understand the "why" behind customer requests, and can work with our internal teams to devise creative solutions to customer problems while understanding resource constraints
- You're adaptable and love learning new things, and are proactive about creating your own structure
- You're an excellent communicator
- Live in the Bay Area or willing to relocate by 2022 (won't be required to go in 5 days per week, but role will not be fully remote)
- You have 2+ years of experience within SaaS in a relationship management role (Sales, Customer Success, etc), ideally Customer Success
- You have an understanding of the marketing/advertising industry
- You've worked in Customer Success at a fast-growing startup before
- You've worked with enterprise accounts
We care about compensating our employees fairly and creating an environment where you can learn and grow your career. As part of Smartly, we get to offer all of the incredible benefits that they have, including:
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity
- Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team: A multi-national team of 450+ Smartlies, and plenty of events to meet them at (as well as our tight-knit Viralspace team of <10 people)
- Five full weeks of paid vacation (25 PTO days)
- Paid parental leave
- Top notch equipment: computer, phone with a plan, noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible work from home policy: Currently, we're 100% remote due to Covid-19. As soon as we're able to come back to the office (est. fall 2021), we will allow for a hybrid work model
- Wellness benefit
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.