We are looking for a Product Director for our Cross-Platform Product Group to join our 200+ product organization in Helsinki or in Berlin.
The Cross-Platform group builds value-adding solutions that advertisers can leverage across multiple advertising platforms. These include, for example, our advanced reporting, different optimization features, and various automation solutions. The group is closely connected with all other Smartly product groups and plays a key role in ensuring an enjoyable user experience across the whole product.
In this role, you are responsible for the strategy and goals of the group and will be collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders across different functional areas. You will be managing a team of 5-8 Product Managers. As a key member of our product leadership team, you will also be contributing to our overall product strategy.
We expect all of our Product Directors and Product Managers to interact closely with our customers to define the right direction and what problems we want to solve. This helps to ensure that the development teams in the groups have the right customer and business context. We have great access to our users, and we get tons of feedback. Working closely with 3rd party platforms (FB, Google, Pinterest) is also essential in aligning our direction with the problems they are trying to tackle.
As a Product Director...
- You are responsible for the strategy and the direction of the product group. You make sure it's aligned with our overall product strategy, and you tie the group goals to our company goals.
- You work very closely with the Engineering Director in your group to make sure we build the right things in the short, medium, and long term. Our goal is to move faster with our product than the fast-moving advertising industry.
- You help the Product Managers in your group continuously improve and have the right skills, goals, and context for making the right decisions on their teams' goals and roadmaps.
- You are fully responsible that product discovery is done properly in your group. This includes user research, prototyping, documentation (why, what and for whom), communication, and prioritization.
- You ensure that everything we build has a clear goal, we are measuring if we are reaching the goals, and we have defined what we do if we don't reach the goals. You use this information as a feedback loop to improve roadmap prioritization.
- Sharing knowledge is core at Smartly.io and especially in this role.
- You work closely with our Chief Product Officer and three other Product Directors on the overall direction of the Smartly product.
What we're looking for...
- 10+ years of experience in building services and products
- 5+ years of product management and product owner experience, focusing on B2B SaaS.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and developing Product Managers.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience executing high-impact projects. Making hard decisions and trade-offs come naturally to you.
- Launched multiple successful software products and features. Consistent track record of driving user or revenue growth through experimentation.
- A leader with some experience from a technologically complex domain, for example, online advertising.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
What we offer you...
- Smartly has a product-focused environment where the goal is to build market-leading products.
- A global customer base with some of the world's most advanced advertisers to work closely with.
- An environment of continuous improvement on every level.
- High class product development organization and talented peers to learn from.
- A strong culture of ownership: you can have a significant personal impact on the products we're building and their impact on our customers and our business.
- Attractive benefits package, including six weeks of annual leave, company bonus, and stock options. Possibility to work four weeks per year remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great culture built on trust, ownership, and learning - you can read more from our Culture & Leadership Handbooks.
At the office, fully remote or a bit of both - it's your choice!
Smartly.io offers lots of flexibility to harmonize work and personal life. Along with flexible hours you can choose to work at the office, fully remotely, or a bit of both. Our teams operate in ways that are productive and inclusive regardless of where Smartlies are physically located.
For the moment, our Product & Engineering Team is located in Finland and Germany, with physical offices in Helsinki and Berlin and fully remote Smartlies living anywhere in the two countries. Smartlies can also work from other countries for 30 or 60 days a year.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.