We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Integration team. As a part of this team you will be contributing to the core view of Smartly.io app and building data-heavy integrations with modern backend technologies.
The team operates the Smartly.io data pipelines, reporting infrastructure with a database containing multiple terabytes worth of measurement data. Our app integrates into various different types of ad delivery measurement data sources. These data sources are written to our database powering the real-time analytical queries used to present the data for users in different views including graphs and tables.
Team is using backend technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Node.js, TypeScript, Citus sharded PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and Redis. We are deploying services to our Kubernetes cluster with Jenkins running the CI/CD. We are rapidly delivering changes to our code base with multiple deploys happening daily.
As a Backend Engineer you will...
- Build and operate modern backend systems supporting real-time analytical workloads for world's leading professional online marketing heavy-users.
- Work with advertising measurement and tracking API's
- Collaborate with perse stakeholders, including working with product managers and engineers from multiple different teams to create great user experiences.
- Work with our multi-platform infrastructure and integrating into different types of data sources
What we're looking for...
- Experience in building backend systems with Ruby on Rails or Node.js (TypeScript)
- Systems design perspective when working with different services and stakeholders
- Experience with queues and databases and such as RabbitMQ and PostgreSQL
- Understanding how to build complex but performant systems
- Experience from working with different metrics partner (for example Google Analytics) integrations is considered as a bonus
What we offer you...
- You'll have a significant personal impact on the products we're building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- You'll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there, like Uber, eBay, Zalando.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): self-learning materials & activities, quarterly team activity days, monthly company activity days and sorts & activity groups
What to expect from our recruitment process..
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 450 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.