We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join team Artemis focusing on Creative Management and Asset Storage. This team is responsible for the Asset Library, a service built for storing and optimizing media assets, fonts, rendered images and videos, and maintains various components used throughout the application to interact with the Asset Library.
This team's work stands at the core of the Creative Group's product offering, and offers a great deal of engineering challenges and growth opportunities.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is Node.js in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL and/or RabbitMQ. On the front-end side of things, React with TypeScript is the flavour du jour. We do have one service in our scope built using Ruby on Rails, but the team will help you get to grips with that.
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io!
As a Fullstack Engineer you will...
- Have cradle-to-grave ownership of vertical slices of our platform
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Focus on well-designed and well-executed software, quality matters
- Be a core contributor of our Creative Engineering Group's ambitions and product offering
- Work with our stakeholders - be them UX, product, infrastructure or our support function - to ensure we meet customers where they are
- Assist our support functions, both in an advisory role and as a participant. That's right; we all do customer support.
- Apply and enhance your soft skills through working closely with our customers and your peers
What we are looking for...
- Experience in building web backends using any reasonable stack. We use Node.JS, React and Typescript for new stuff, and maintain a Ruby on Rails service as well
- Experience in building robust, complex and distributed web applications
- Motivation for solving customers' problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 450 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.