Smartling’s Product team is looking for a new member to join us and lead our efforts in expanding and improving our platform. We are looking for a Product Manager that can take charge and work with our customers and internal stakeholders to define and build features to optimize work.
In this position, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development of the Smartling platform. You will work directly with engineering, service and customer teams to build requirements and shape the future of our tools for customers.
Smartling exists to translate the world's digital content. Why is this important? Life is powered by words. They are used to engage consumers online, in products and throughout our lives in all corners of the globe. And since it takes 45 languages to reach 95% of the world's online GDP, content translation is of increasing importance across the enterprise. Join Smartling (since 2009) to help grow and support our 1,000+ customers who move the world with words.
As the Product Manager at Smartling, you will be responsible for driving our vision for Vendors and working with your engineering team to deliver user friendly features. You will be the go to Product expert for everything related to our Vendors tools.
What will your first 90 days look like?
- Get to know your new Smartling team mates!
- Learn about the Smartling Platform and Services
- Get to know our customer use cases - jump on calls with external customers, vendors and also with internal teams
- Work on your first impact feature - driving it from research to release
Long term, you will:
- Regularly engage with customers, users and internal business stakeholders to surface insights and problems statements to inform the Vendor Experience’s roadmap and vision
- Partner with your engineers and designer to define and finalize feature requirements
- Own, define and execute on your Roadmap - aligning it to the company strategy
- Validate and prioritize all incoming features to find features that will help us achieve our vision
- Support our Customer Success and and Support teams with any customer questions
- Work with our Documentation and Training team to develop internal and external communication material
- Stay up to date with competitor tools and offerings
- 5+ years of product management or project leadership experience
- Understanding of Product Design fundamentals and SaaS User Experience patterns
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with different stakeholders - connecting with customers, end users, vendors and internal teams
- Investigating user problems and needs and translation them to actionable themes that drive towards the Product Vision
- Comfortable making decisions with the knowledge at hand
- Work with design and engineering in the weeds - getting to know the details of the design and technical solution
- Prior experience in prioritizing features and working with development teams in defining requirements and developing a Roadmap
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
Preferred but not required
- Previous experience working with localization software or involvement in localization processes
- Technical knowledge - understanding the development of web apps, both Backend and Frontend
- Experience with SQL
- Systems thinking - you are excited about working with complex interconnected systems
- Curious - you are a lifelong learner - constantly ask questions to dig deeper into use cases and how our technical solution could work
- Visionary - you can clearly articulate a vision for the Vendor side of our platform and produce a clear roadmap on how to get there
- Leader - you are ready to lead and inspire teams across multiple departments to deliver on your Vendor vision
- Get sh*t done - you are ready to dig in and be the driving force! - get messy, experiment, and learn from features you release
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡 - we are remote first
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 - we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness - medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance - flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral program and apple equipment
We are considering candidates based on EST and CST at this time.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.