Smartling is seeking a UX Designer. At Smartling Designers work hand-in-hand with our Product Management and Software Development teams to deliver experiences that delight our users. We are continuously developing our design system and improving the product’s user experience using iterative practices. Members of the design team help us solve complex problems. Designers balance doing research, building prototypes and testing them with delivering ready-to-develop designs. They gather data and generate insights from a variety of user research tools and methodologies to inform our design perspective. As the UX Designer, you will grow our knowledge of design best practices and help evolve our design system to create scalable frameworks and solutions.
Smartling exists to translate the world's digital content. Why is this important? Life is powered by words. They are used to engage consumers online, in products and throughout our lives in all corners of the globe. And since it takes 45 languages to reach 95% of the world's online GDP, content translation is of increasing importance across the enterprise. Join Smartling (since 2009) to help grow and support our 1,000+ customers who move the world with words.
- Collaborate with members of product, development, and customer teams to understand customer needs & goals and product requirements
- Develop empathy for our users by helping to update and maintain our user personas
- Conduct continuous user research to discover user pain points, validate concepts, and test designs for new or enhanced features
- Create and deliver designs for easy to understand and enjoyable to use features and enhancements in the form of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity visuals for use by our developers
- 3+ years as a designer for software applications
- Ability to deliver designs, prototypes, and research on aggressive deadlines
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member
Preferred but not required
- Degree or certification in UX design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Design/Architecture, Psychology, or Anthropology
- Experience using Storybook
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes and/or fluency in multiple languages
- Experienced in design thinking, design systems, and modern enterprise software design
- Eager to conduct research and analyze data to understand the goals and motivations of the users
- Comfortable debating design decisions and accepting criticism and change requests from all stakeholders
You Will Enjoy
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Compensation - we offer competitive salary + equity
- Wellness - comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401k plan
- Balance - flexible PTO + 10 holidays; generous parental leave; we are remote-friendly
- Culture - an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral programs, commuter benefits (tri-state area) and apple equipment
We are considering candidates based in Eastern and Central time zones at this time.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.